In an attempt to add a little pizazz to my sketches, I created my own parchment paper texture. This was made from a stock photo on SXC I believe. The photo was too small however, so I made it into a pattern, filled a new document, then used the clone stamp to fix it up. Burn tool on the edges, and you have a working parchment texture!
Everyone is welcome to use this. Credit would be awesome, but there's no need. If you want to credit me though, just link to my main gallery page.
Instructions For Use:
1. Save the full-sized view of this file.
2. Open it up in Photoshop or any graphics program with Layers capability.
3. Open up a sketch you've made, or scan one in.
4. Go back to the parchment file. Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to copy.
5. Back to the sketch. Ctrl+V to paste should paste it as a new layer.
6. Change this layer's mode to Multiply, and you have your sketch on parchment! Adjust the opacity to your liking.
This can of course be used for other purposes, that's just what I'm using it for. You can see an example in the sketch I'm about to upload.